Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Assignment #5

The assignment is to do research on how the native canadians and european settlers lived through the cold winters. Here is what I got :


The settlers from France had a good reason to stay in Canada and that's why I think they ended up staying in the end. The reason was that in New France (colony in Canada) farmers all had land to grow their crops on.

One thing that settlers did to survive the cold was make sure that they had warm animal pelts. Therefore they started the fur trade to be able to keep themselves warm using the furs of the animals (e.g beaver).

A lot of people that I know had pretty much one or two reasons for moving here, job opportunites and a better life.My family moved to Canada on April 1st. 2005. We already my aunt living here for a while (I'm not sure when she moved here) and she helped us settle a lot faster. At first the trip to Canada was just supposed to be a vacational trip, I was very excited for it because back then I heard so many great things about Canada for example the weather is beautiful ( not really ). The only thing that I was really afraid of was that there would be no soccer because in those days I used to think things like "all year long snow for Canada" or "the only sport they play there is hockey". After a while my arents told me that we were going to move to Canada permanantly, once again at first I was excited but then I realized that I wouldnt get to see my friends from Germany and my dream of becoming the best soccer player in the world was starting to slip away because of the shortage of soccer or interest in soccer in Canada. I started to worry about everything. After the first few days in Canada I was fed up! Sure it wasnt all year winter but the things that people were saying to me just made me so angry, but whenever I told my mom she said that we moved to a great country with a lot of job opportunities. I thought otherwise but im starting to get used to it and things change after a while. We haven't moved back yet because of the job opportunities.

The End

3 comments:

Firas D. said...

Good Job. Go ahead and check out my 2 parts of assignment # 5. P.S. you are going to become a great soccer player because you are skilled at it.

Unknown said...

Hey, you finally have your Assignment #5 posted up! Anyways, I have to admit but the rumors they have in Germany were pretty funny like the "all-year round snow" or " Canada just plays hockey all the time" :D! It only snows for two- two and a half months of the year and then it goes back to spring then summer. I can compare when my family had to move from Saskatoon all the way to Ottawa and I had to leave my friends including my best one, Liam. Good times, good times!

Response by TimL

P.S If you do become the best soccer player, what league will you join?

P.S(again) Include a bit more about the settlers who came to Canada

P.S(after again) Check out Zaryabs blog about the lottery ticket, it's funny yet sad :(

Talinho M said...

Thanks for commenting guys

Firas I'll check out your blog, and thx for compliment :D

Timmy I'll join the barclays english premier league with Manchester United because they're my favourite team in the entire world.